Bleaching Knots on Lace Wigs: Everything You Should Know About How to Bleach Knots
There are lots of processes a wig passes through to become the absolutely adorable hairpiece we want to rock anywhere. Bleaching knots is one added word in the hair vocabulary that signifies giving your wig a more finished and natural look.
This process, although easy to achieve, can also ruin your wig if you do not have the proper skills or accurate measurements or texture when bleaching the knots.
Now, you must be wondering where the knots come from, we will explain. However, before we jump into the difference, a bleaching knot is performed to improve the hairline of your frontal or lace wig.
Not bleached and bleached Knots – the difference
To answer your question about knots brings us here. When wigs are made, each strand of hair is delicately sewn onto a lace material that acts as your natural scalp. To secure each strand, it is tied into a knot using a needle. Although the finished wig looks good, the tiny knots look like seeds and a little creepy. In its original form, that is not bleach.
However, when the knots have passed through the chemical process of smoothening, fine-tuning, and less visible, it is a bleach knot.
How to bleach knots
It is as simple as applying the chemical in the right proportion and following every step without skipping on any. We will break it down.
Things you need to bleach knots
- The wig you want to bleach
- Protective gloves
- A mixing bowl
- 15ml scooper
- Aluminum foil
- Brush applicator
- Hair bleach
- Developer 30
- Neutralizing shampoo
- Moisturizing Conditioner
Steps of bleaching knots
- Step 1 - Take 2 scoops of your hair bleach powder into the mixing bowl; you can add a little bit more depending on the extent of the lace around the wig. A frontal will take less bleach and a 360 lace wig will take more.
- Step 2 - Now to the bleaching powder, shake the developer properly, and carefully add the developer and mix until a thin but consistent mixture is attained. Remember if your mixture is too thin, it will run through the lace onto the hair damaging the appearance of the root. However, if it is too thick, it will stay on top of the lace and will not be absorbed or evenly distributed to produce the desired result. The best consistency should look like smooth cottage cheese.
- Step 3 - Flip the hair inside out to reveal the lace. However, before you do that, apply hair holding spray onto the hair and brush away the baby hair. You do not want to bleach these beauties.
- If you are bleaching a new lace wig, trim off any excess lace leaving some in the front to enable you to customize your hairline. This allows for easier application and finer results.
- Step 4 - Apply the bleach mixture using a brush; be gentle so that it does not fall unto the hair. If you are wearing your wig in a ponytail, you should apply it all-round.
- Step 5 - Cover the bleached part with a foil sheet and leave it for 10 minutes or more (again depending on the width of the lace). However, look at knots before you wash to make sure it is just what you need.
- Step 6 - Take the wig and wash the bleach off under running water; apply the shampoo and wash properly (do it twice to ensure the bleach is totally gone.
- Step 7 - Add the moisturizing conditioner, wash comb and rinse properly.
- Step 8 – Towel-dry the wig, allow it to dry and style as desired.
Important keys to make clean and perfect knots
- Buy the right developer and bleaching powder
- Apply gently; do not press the paste onto the wig
- Do not leave the bleaching paste on too long; you will damage the wig
- Use a neutralizing shampoo; this help stops the bleaching process and washes out any residue on the lace and hair
- You can soak the hair in shampoo water for 15 minutes to allow it neutralize the bleach completely with a red or orange hue on the lace
- Never forget to condition or brush the wig and leave the conditioner for 5 to 10 minutes before you rinse out.
- If you have any paste on your gloves, please wash it under running water, it is hot and can burn through the glove.
- Do not use heat to dry the wig, just hang it out to dry naturally.
The difference in results between a normal bleach and clean bleach
Although both aim to achieve the same results – giving your hairline a natural look, they are different. The normal bleach can sometimes result in the lace been too orange and not produce the sleek color change that blends in with the rest of the hair.
Hairvivi clean bleached hairline create a super-fine visual effect which is perfect for your look. The Hairvivi clean bleached knots requires professional bleach technique and achieve completely invisible and scalp-like part. This takes away the mixing stress, time guessing, or how the finished result will look like that may occur due to the complicated bleaching works done by yourself.
The Hairvivi Clean Bleach knot wigs
For a novice, bleaching your knots can damage the wig. To take the stress off your shoulders, introducing the Hairvivi clean bleach knot wigs. These are perfectly bleached knots that give you that natural sleek and beautiful hairline without all the process.
- All our wigs are knotted perfectly and bleached to customer satisfaction before been shipped out.
- You don’t need to waste time buying bleaching ingredients or guessing how long the product should stay before your wash. Hairvivi wigs save you time, money, and energy.
- Our wigs are natural-looking in any color you order with a fitting hairline your friends will envy.
Pros of Hairvivi clean bleach knot wigs
- We have professionally timed and controlled the temperature to ensure a perfectly bleached knot for all our wigs.
- Knots are completely invisible! Laces are not orange or red, but sun-kissed honey glow like the human hairline.
- Part it anyhow you want, you get the same natural look all over.
There you have it a full step by step procedure on bleaching your knots the normal way, or you can save the bucks on a perfectly clean bleached Hairvivi knot wig today.
🎄GIVE IT A TRY
- Zero-Risk: 30-Day Free Return & Exchange
- Fast Delivery: 48HR Free Worldwide Shipping
- High-rated by 800k Customers: Trustpilot Score 4.7
- Ready-to-wear Glueless Wigs: Beginner-friendly, install in seconds.
- Craftsmanship: All are crafted with the utmost care, each one is a treasure.